How to wear a saree
To look completely stunning in a saree, you will need:
A saree blouse
A petticoat or an inner skirt
- Saree - A long 6 yard drape one-piece fabric to wrap around the body.
- Blouse - Top wear which is almost like a crop top but in well-fitting.
- Skirt - Worn as bottom wear in a long inner skirt, serving to carry the drape firmly.
Tips to remember before draping the Saree:
- Always wear your petticoat firmly at the waist, so that the saree is tucked in properly without falling off.
- Always put on Heels, or any footwear you desire to wear along with the saree before you start draping up, as this brings the perfect length draped around the body.
- Use safety pins or clips to pin up pleats and sections where the drape is required to be fixed.
Basic Saree Drape steps:
- Take the saree end from the top edge, tuck it in the petticoat starting from the right side of your waist across your left waist.
- From the left hand bring the drape around your waist from the back to the centre front tucking it in.
- Now you will need to make 6-8 of 5-6 inches pleats of the remaining drape at the centre and tuck it in the petticoat, facing pleats to the left.
- Bring the open drape across your back to your front from the right side, without tucking it in. You can pin up the pleats at the centre for it to be in the centre position and tuck the drape edge till your left side waist.
- Now hold up the width (pallu) section and make pleats incomplete width in 5-6 inches, making sure the border falls on the first pleat to drape it on the shoulder.
- Hold the pleats in vertical and bring the drape fall from beneath the right armhole, pulling it up towards and across your left shoulder.
- Place the pleats properly on your left shoulder by keeping at least a meter length fall down from the shoulder point, and pin it in place to fix it.
You are ready to flaunt around in the saree attire looking gorgeous. Moving on to saree drapes for special occasions, which all use the beginning steps of the basic drape.
If you still find it difficult to wear a saree, don't worry, we have a collection of ready made sarees. You just have to wrap it around you and its done. It just takes a minute!